API key shortened?

Casey
I've used GVmax for texting through chat clients for a while now but wanted to use it on my phone. I can text to an email address, so I figured I would keep the api key and forward email in my phone and add the phone number I wanted to text to in order to avoid the 'send from the Google Voice site first,' or 'text me first so I can text you back,' hassle with Google Voice. Great idea but, as I typed in the number into the address field, I got an error: "Exceeds available space."
I was wondering if it was really necessary to use 32 characters for the API key. 20 would be plenty secure and would allow for any number and country code if necessary. I'm sure someone has tried this and had the same problem.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me another solution to sending an sms from my google voice number just using an sms message or email (with shorter url) with GVmax.

I'll check back when I can, but just in case, here's my email: caseyoriordan@gmail.com

Re: API key shortened?

I need to think about this a little more, but I think I can shorten any NEW keys to 20 (can't touch existing ones). I don't know when I will have time to actually do it thought.