Contacts in GTalk List Show as Not Authorized

Contacts in GTalk List Show as Not Authorized

Daniel
Hello, I am new to GVMax. I am having trouble.
At first, everything was working great, but that only lasted a few hours until I started to have trouble.

Now, anytime a new number sends me an SMS, it adds the number@mygvmax.appspotchat.com to my contact list. However, the new contact shows up as "Not Authorized", and I can send SMS messages to the contact, but I cannot receive SMS messages from that contact. If a new contact sends me an SMS, I get an email saying I am not online.

The only work around: I have to go into gmail.com and manually add number@mygvmax.appspotchat.com. It then says that number@mygvmax.appspotchat.com has accepted my invitation and then appears as authorized, but I don't think I'm supposed to have to manually do this for every number that wants to send me an SMS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. malletman85 at gmail

Re: Contacts in Trillian Google Talk List Show as Not Authorized

Magowemo
I am having this same issue. Only I'm using Trillian.  It all started when I re-uploaded my Outlook contacts to Google using the Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook.  I've done this upload before, but this time my contacts were duplicated. I couldn't find a contacts merge tool in the Google Voice interface (but later found one in the Google.com/Contacts interface, but by then it was too late) so I deleted all contacts from Google, then re-uploaded.  All contacts are there but not all contacts were showing as online in Trillian's Google Talk.  So I've deleted all of those contacts and slowly started re-adding them using phonenumber@mygvmax.appspotchat.com.  However, they will not appear on the list as they show as awaiting authorization from Google Talk.

Please advise.