Quantcast

GV Password Required

TulsaMJ
I've had some trouble getting GVMax set up and working properly. I chose to sign up with a GVMax password as opposed to using my Google Voice password, and that is probably at the root of my problem. I've managed to get it forwarding my SMS messages to Google Talk (yay!), but when I try to reply to the SMS via Google Talk it says "google voice password required to send SMS replies". And today when I try to log in to gvmax.com, it rejects my credentials! I've already got the filter set up in my Gmail, so I was nervous about just signing back up using my Google Voice password... and when I tried to sign up again using my Google Voice Password, it kicked out my credentials. When I hit the "I forgot my password" link, the email I got in my Gmail said "Your email address is not registered with GVMax". Needless to say, it's been a little frustrating.

Re: GV Password Required

Can you send me an email (gvmax@gvmax.com) using your google voice email address, so I can try to see what is going on.

Re: GV Password Required

TulsaMJ
Will do. It's on its way. Plus, I used both "its" and "it's" in the same sentence, and CORRECTLY. I win!!!

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM, gvmax [via gvmax-forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you send me an email ([hidden email]) using your google voice email address, so I can try to see what is going on.

http://gvmax-forum.2310151.n4.nabble.com/GV-Password-Required-tp4640698p4640699.html
To unsubscribe from GV Password Required, click here.
NAML

Re: GV Password Required

Jason
I've got the same 1/2 of his problem too:

"I've had some trouble getting GVMax set up and working properly. I chose to sign up with a GVMax password as opposed to using my Google Voice password, and that is probably at the root of my problem. I've managed to get it forwarding my SMS messages to Google Talk (yay!), but when I try to reply to the SMS via Google Talk it says "google voice password required to send SMS replies". "

Re: GV Password Required

When you reply in GTalk what actually happens is that your reply is sent to your contact as an SMS. To send an SMS I need to use your Google Voice account and therefore need your password. The message you are getting is saying that it cannot send your reply since it does not have you Google Voice password.
In other words, if you use a GVMax password you can only receive notifications but cannot send SMS.

Re: GV Password Required

TulsaMJ
Yep I think I actually solved the problem by ponying up my actual password and not trying to be all hacky about it.  The convenience is totally worth it.

Re: GV Password Required

jwatwood

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM, gvmax [via gvmax-forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

What if I use two step authentication?

--
Jason Atwood

[hidden email]
404.585.0128
tir38.com

Re: GV Password Required

Should work

Re: GV Password Required

jwatwood

Do you need my login pw or application specific pw?

On May 12, 2013 2:20 PM, "gvmax [via gvmax-forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Should work

http://gvmax-forum.2310151.n4.nabble.com/GV-Password-Required-tp4640698p4640728.html
To unsubscribe from GV Password Required, click here.
NAML

Re: GV Password Required

application specific pw

Re: GV Password Required

jwatwood
login: [hidden email]
p/w: hgcdqolwelbjdsgw

--
Jason Atwood

[hidden email]
404.585.0128
tir38.com

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM, gvmax [via gvmax-forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
application specific pw

http://gvmax-forum.2310151.n4.nabble.com/GV-Password-Required-tp4640698p4640730.html
To unsubscribe from GV Password Required, click here.
NAML

Re: GV Password Required

jwatwood
Did this ever get setup? I'm having two problems:

Desktop (gmail) I receive texts as google talk messages. But I am still having this problem of SENDING messages back to someone texting me.

Android (Hangouts*) I don't receive messages at all.

*Hangouts is Google's new name for their Google Talk app.

thanks,
jason
--
Jason Atwood

[hidden email]
404.585.0128
tir38.com

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Jason Atwood <[hidden email]> wrote:
login: [hidden email]
p/w: hgcdqolwelbjdsgw

--
Jason Atwood

[hidden email]
tir38.com

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM, gvmax [via gvmax-forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
application specific pw

http://gvmax-forum.2310151.n4.nabble.com/GV-Password-Required-tp4640698p4640730.html
To unsubscribe from GV Password Required, click here.
NAML

Re: GV Password Required

jwatwood
Ok, didn't hear back from you so I'm just dumping it. I guess I should have also read that these emails are auto-posted to the forum. Internets I hope you enjoyed my password while it was valid =P