GVMax not working anymore :(

James
Am I alone here? My GVMax setup hasn't been working for over a month now. I kept hoping it would spring back to life but no dice. I did find a few articles on the Google Voice support forum from about the time GVMax stopped working where a bunch of people were complaining that they could no longer send SMS messages to themselves (through their own GV number). Could this be related? Hope this isn't permanent!

Oh by the way, this forum is giving 2 of my PC's a hell of a time trying to post here. They're Windows 7 machines running Firefox and this forum refuses to let me post. It says the verification code is wrong; I'm not blind and the flippin' code ain't wrong! I finally got this posted with Chrome after nearly giving up...

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

CrazyDude
Yeah, I'm having similar problems.  The ability to send SMS back and forth has gotten really bad.  It worked last week, for example, but not the past few days.  Using Trillian at the moment.  I don't know why Google can't just open up Google Voice so apps like Trillian & Adium can just interface directly with it instead of having to go through a mediary like GVMax.

And for the record, I have donated $20 before to GVMax.  Maybe there aren't enough users to support this service?  I'm surprised more people aren't on here posting.
BLD

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

BLD
GVMax is not working anymore for me either.

Tried recreating my account -- and autosetup failed as well. Manual setup also doesn't work because GVMax doesn't confirm the forwarding address sent to it by Google.

Sadly, it appears GVMax is quite broken if not dead.
87

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

87
Not working for me either.

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

LaHardDuck
Not working for me either.  I tried deleting my account, and auto create of filters is broken.
Also manual filters not working because the verification email is not being responded to.
Lastly, sending an email to the forwarding address @my.gvmax.com) (w/o any filters established) the email never shows up.

I suspect mail is hung, or queued or throttled at the gvmax end.

Many, many of us have come to depend on your site. We hope this gets resolved soon.

Thanks.

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

LaHardDuck
I forgot to add that I've disabled captcha on gmail  as well.
The fact that emails to the gvmax forwarding address don't arrive at gmail is I think the crux of the problem.
I sure hope that outbound notices from the forum don't go through the same mail server ;-)

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

CrazyDude
Ok, so this is weird.  I fully expected it not to work today, but I was sitting there and a msg popped up in my Trillian IM.  I replied, and it worked!  So idk, I guess it's working now?

Can someone from GVMax please reply?!  :)

Re: GVMax not working anymore :(

check the forum thread called 'Back up' or twitter