Google email verification

squeaky369
I need to manually setup the email forwarding (auto setup failed), but Google is asking me for the verification code, and I am not getting it.

Re: Google email verification

That is strange since my server should respond to these and also send you a copy in case something goes wrong. Could you try to add my email address as a forwarding address so I can see if their confirmation email has changed. My email is gvmax at gvmax. com

Re: Google email verification

squeaky369
It came through, and I got about 10 of them so must have just been slow to hit my email.

Thanks.

Re: Google email verification

Anthony
Having the same problem. I've been waiting about an hour and no emails yet. Maybe I just need to wait longer?
Ron

Re: Google email verification

Ron
Same issue here. Been waiting all day for verification to come through, and even tried having gmail resend the request a couple times.

Re: Google email verification

johnmccrae
Hello, in reading this thread it seems like you may have resolved this issue. However, I am hitting the same problem today. Is there any new steps for me to follow or what should I do to resolve this please?

(manually configured GVMax and getting stuck with Google sending a confirmation email to my gvmax account which is not ending up with me).

Cheers
John

Re: Google email verification

It is possible Google's confirmation email has changed again (they change it every now and again). I will have a look at it tonight and update this thread.

Re: Google email verification

It does not look like their confirmation email has changed, so I am not sure why confirmation is not working for you. (One possibility is that you mistyped the forwarding address). If that is not the case you could try to add me as a forwarding address (gvmax at gvmax.com) that way I will get the confirmation email and see if Google is sending a different type of confirmation email from your account.

Re: Google email verification

John
I cannot add your email to my config for testing. Google Voice tells me your email is already associated with another account.

Re: Google email verification

Why are you trying to associate my email with your google voice number?
The forwarding is done in GMail via GMail filters.

Re: Google email verification

John
I am not, you asked to be put on the 'forward your mail to' list. Google voice won't let me.

Re: Google email verification

In the GMail settings not in Google Voice.
ie: In GMail/ Settings/ Forwarding and POP/IMAP/ click on the 'add a forwarding address'

Having said that, have you also been trying to set the GoogleVoice forwarding address to gvmax? If so that is incorrect,
Google Voice forwards the SMS to your GMail which then using a Gmail filter gets forwarded to GVMax.

Re: Google email verification

I have now received the confirmation email on my gvmax email and it seems fine. Do the same for your gvmax forwarding email
BLD

Re: Google email verification

BLD
Waking this thread from the dead.

GVMax has stopped working for me in the past couple of weeks -- so I thought I'd try recreating my GVMax account from scratch. The autosetup failed, and the verification of the forwarding email address by GVMax is not working either.

Re: Google email verification

Jonathan
Yes, My gvmax has stopped working too. I can't received the "test SMS"

And, I am trying to set up my forwarding email, but gvmax is not sending me the confirmation code.

Is there anything wrong?

My email is Jabx83@gmail.com