Quantcast

Is GVMAX Down

esiemiat
Not sure if something is wrong, but starting about an hour ago I am not getting my texts sent to my phone. I was getting emails for a while, but now even those have stopped.

Re: Is GVMAX Down

Yep looks like something wrong with AppEngine/XMPP looking into it.
dlc

Re: Is GVMAX Down

dlc
Had some problems over the past few days with gtalk notifications. Yesterday, I ended up logging out of gtalk and back in to get it to work. Today, that no longer works.

Re: Is GVMAX Down

When my appengine app tries to send the GTalk message it is being told that the IM buddy is not present and therefore falls back to another notification mechanism (usually email).

Need to figure out why that is happening, but I don't think it is a bug in GVMax.

Re: Is GVMAX Down

Yep looks like something is up with GTalk/AppEngine.
I have posted something about it at Google and will wait to see if the problem resolves itself.
If not I guess I could stop checking for presence information and rely on delivery errors to perform a fallback, that may or may not get over the problem, but would require some 'ugly' changes to the code which I really would not like to perform.

Re: Is GVMAX Down

ps: By the way GTalk notifications is down, but sending SMS via GTalk is still working.
(ie you can still send SMS via GTalk, but not receive GTalk notifications when you receive an SMS, instead for most people it will fallback to sending an email notification)

Re: Is GVMAX Down

Ok, so it did turn out to be a problem with AppEngine/GTalk. It started working correctly sometime yesterday.