Not Receiving GTalk Notifications for Certain Contact (I Get Email Instead)
GVMax has been working well for me except I don't get forwards/notifications for one contact. Instead, I get an email saying:
"You are receiving this email because GVMax was unable to send you a GTalk notification.
Please ensure you are logged into GTalk"
I'm logged into GTalk and I can get messages from other contacts just fine; it's just this one contact. I deleted my email from the email address field under "Send Email notifications" in the "Notifiers" section of the settings. I no longer get the emails, but the forwarding to GTalk still isn't working. "Send GTalk Notifications" is checked.
I've checked my filters in GMail to make sure I don't have anything involving this contact. I'm at a loss to why this might be happening.
These emails are usually sent when GVMax cannot get 'presence' information about you. In other words it can't tell if you are logged in to GTalk or not. Why it would fail to get this information for only one of your contacts I don't know. Did you ever block this contact?
Re: Not Receiving GTalk Notifications for Certain Contact (I Get Email Instead)
No, the contact has never been blocked. However, I found a way to resolve this (for me at least).
1. Open Gmail in a web browser.
2. Using the GTalk pane in the lower-left corner, type in the contact's name.
3. Select to view the contact, e.g. "John Doe [mobile]", NOT "John Doe."
4. Delete the contact.
5. Next time the contact texts you, the contact will be re-added.
6. It took a second time for the contact to text me, and then the notifications began working again.