Text auto-reply stop working?

dosjon
Was anything changed that would have caused GVMax to stop auto-replying to text messages? It seems to have stopped working for the last month or so. Thanks.
~Rick

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Rick
Unfortunately, it's now been a month, and things still aren't working. I tried migrating my Google Voice account to a new Google account. I tried deleting the filter and re-adding it, and then re-configuring GVMax as well. I'm pretty bummed, as this is the only service I know of that allows me to send auto-replies to text SMS messages.

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Just checked on my account and it is working for me.
Not sure why it is not working for you. Do you use any notifier? and are these working?

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Rick
I usually don't use any other notifiers, but I turned on the email notifier, and it worked just fine. It's the SMS Auto-Reply that seems to be down.

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Are you able to send SMS via GVMax? (try logging into gvmax and sending a test sms)

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Rick
No, that doesn't go through either. Thanks for looking into this!

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Then it looks like GVMax is not able to send SMS on your behalf for some reason.
If it can't send SMS than it can't send the auto-reply.
Not sure why this would be the case.

Try clicking on this link and login out and then in GVMax.
https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

Are you using 2-factor?

Re: Text auto-reply stop working?

Rick
Sweet, that totally worked. Thanks so much! You're the man.