Text through Gmail Chat?

Stigler
Hi,

Does GVmax allow me to send and receive texts through Gmail Chat with my Google Voice number?  As of right now, I use the SMS lab feature in Gmail to send texts, but a random phone number appears as the caller id for the receiver.  I would like to know if GVmax offers this solution.  How does GVmax work with Gmail Chat in general?

Re: Text through Gmail Chat?

Yes it would do that.
Once setup if you get an SMS it will show up as a chat message from '[hidden email](or 'username' if you have that number in your Google contacts) if you reply to the chat message the guy who sent you the SMS gets an SMS back containing your reply. For all he knows you are just replying to his SMS via SMS.

On Mar 4, 2014 11:46 AM, "Stigler [via gvmax-forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Does GVmax allow me to send and receive texts through Gmail Chat with my Google Voice number?  As of right now, I use the SMS lab feature in Gmail to send texts, but a random phone number appears as the caller id for the receiver.  I would like to know if GVmax offers this solution.  How does GVmax work with Gmail Chat in general?

http://gvmax-forum.2310151.n4.nabble.com/Text-through-Gmail-Chat-tp4640858.html
To start a new topic under gvmax-forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from gvmax-forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Text through Gmail Chat?

Stigler
Sounds great.  Thanks.  Sorry, I'm just a little confused.  How do I set it up?