Wonky service the last couple of days...

Wonky service the last couple of days...

wilberfan
I've been having intermittent issues sending/receiving texts lately.  Curious if it's on your end or mine...or maybe Pidgin issues...

Re: Wonky service the last couple of days...

domike
It's been down for other posters, including myself. Hopefully there is a resolution soon.

As I said in a previous thread, I'd be willing to pay for a premium version of this service if it were consistent.

Re: Wonky service the last couple of days...

I seem to have a bug that causes my server threads to stall requiring me to restart the server once in a while (seems related to being flooded with requests). Unfortunately I was on holiday for a week with no access to the internet when this happened.

I will need sometime to figure out what is causing the stalls and how to guard against it. On my test system it does not happen and I have no easy way of the debugging the live system.

Unfortunately I don't know when I will have time to do this (will probably take a few days to work it out) and given that the code is a few years old and the high level of security 'features' it will make it harder than usual.

What I might end up doing is cleaning up and simplifying the code and open sourcing it, so that at least we can have some more eye balls looking for bugs in it. That again is not simple, right now setting up the system is not simple (it uses multiple machines, requires the use of a physical security token (one-time password generator) etc.

I'll try to free up a weekend to do this soon.

Regards,
Hani